TEFL/TESOL Teachers Required in Spanish Schools 2019/2020 - Last Call!
Are you TEFL/TESOL certified and eager to gain valuable professional experience in Spain? We encourage candidates interested in becoming Language Assistants to apply ASAP as the application period is about to close. Participants with a TEFL/TESOL will join our Advanced program, which includes a teaching-related training given by a university (paid by the program). They will teach 20-25 hours per week, and receive a monthly grant (€930-€1,162), and ongoing in-country support. After the first few days at school, participants will be asked to use their own initiative, find resources and prepare their own engaging and fun activities or games.
This is a serious and structured program with no fees, which enables participants to teach English in Spain and gain international experience.
Start Dates & Program length
- Deadline: candidates are encouraged to apply by 15th May 2019
- Programme length (academic year in Spain): Sept./Oct. 2019 to May/June 2020
- Monthly pay: €930-1,162 per month (enough to live in Spain as a young professional)
- Lodging options: independent housing or full board accommodation with a volunteer host family
- University course included (compulsory)
- More than 200 private and grant-maintained schools all over Spain
- Advanced program adapted to participants with TEFL/TESOL training.
The Role of a Language Assistant
During one academic year, participants will teach 20 to 25 hours a week in one of the 200 schools Meddeas works with. A Language Assistant is a native-level speaker of English, French or German, who supports the school’s language teachers and helps students with conversation practice. The tasks differ from the ones in a teaching assistant role and include encouraging oral practice of the foreign language; explaining the culture of their home country; helping in other subjects such as science, art, P.E.; acting as a role model for correct pronunciation and grammar; and collaborating with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons.
After one year teaching English abroad, Language Assistants add transferable skills to their CVs, such as public speaking, language skills, creativity, team working, topic preparation, patience, maturity, autonomy, and cultural awareness.