TEFL/TESOL Teachers Required in Spanis Schools - Last Call!
Are you a TEFL/TESOL certified and eager to gain valuable professional experience in Spanish schools? Candidates interested in TEFL Jobs in Spain starting in January are encouraged to apply ASAP or at least before December 23rd. Participants with a TEFL/TESOL will join the Advanced program, whch includes a teaching-related training given by a university (paid by the program). They will become Language Assistants, teach 20 - 25 hours per week, receive a monthly grant of (€930-€1,162), and ongoing in-country support.
Start Dates & Program length
- January 2019 to May/June 2019: Currently, only open to EU passport holders due to visa deadlines
- Application process for next academic year open as well: September/October 2019 to May/June 2020
This is a serious and structured program with no fees, which enables participants to teach English in Spain and gain international experience.
- Monthly pay: €930-1,162 per month (enough to live in Spain as a young professional)
- Lodging options: independent housing or full board accommodation with a volunteer host family
- University course included (compulsory)
- More than 200 private and grant-maintained schools all over Spain
- Advanced program adapted to participants with TEFL/TESOL training.
The Role of a Language Assistant
During one academic year, participants will teach 20 to 25 hours a week in one of the 200 schools Meddeas works with. A Language Assistant is a native-level speaker of English, French or German, who supports the school’s language teachers and helps students with conversation practice. The tasks differ from the ones in a teaching assistant role and include encouraging oral practice of the foreign language; explaining the culture of their home country; helping in other subjects such as science, art, P.E.; acting as a role model for correct pronunciation and grammar; and collaborating with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons.
After one year teaching English abroad, Language Assistants add transferable skills to their CVs, such as public speaking, language skills, creativity, team working, topic preparation, patience, maturity, autonomy, and cultural awareness.