If you want to head overseas on one of the most amazing travel experience of your life in China while getting paid for it too? Live the dream by teaching English in China with any degree and in your spare time exploring the land, the people, and the lifestyle.
We expect our teachers to be responsible, imaginative and to provide a nurturing environment for our young learners. We are looking for teachers who are positive, active and outgoing who have a passion for education. We constantly give teachers the opportunity to learn more about teaching through an array of different training programs. Through these training programs has different career paths to offer.
- Delivering quality lessons to our First Leap students.
- Adapt your teaching style to create a nurturing learning environment for students.
- Attend meetings and training arranged by the company.
- Join in on marketing events.
Requirements to teach in China:
- Speaks English at an Idiomatic level.
- Degree: BA or above (Education, linguistics or English degree given top priority).
- Experience: TEFL / other teaching certificate OR 2 years teaching experience required.
- Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
- Student age range: 3-12 years old
- Class size: 10 to 14 students per class.
- Class length: 40 to 50 minutes per class.
- Working Hours: 36 Hours (Your days off will either be Mon/Tues OR Wed/Thurs – discussed with school) office hours, training and teaching hours.
- Curriculum: CLIL (Content Learning Integrated Language) formed curriculum, Chinese teachers provide standard English language classes, Foreign teachers provide different subject classes for students to express the English language. Lesson guides and Flipcharts for interactive whiteboards are provided. Training on curriculum is provided initially and throughout the year.
- Chinese Teaching Assistant: You will be assisted with a bilingual Chinese teacher for each class.
- Initial training: This is separate to your months’ salary, you get a ‘Training payment’ for the 10 days before you start your ‘official’ paid days of working which begin once you finish training. You will receive 10 – 14 hotel paid days initial training in Beijing (training is paid based on performance).
- On-going Training: On-going training throughout the year – provided by the training department team of teachers (Foreign and Chinese).
What We Offer our Teachers:
- Flight: One way to China.
- Visa: Sponsored legal Z Work Visa.
- Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance.
- Onboarding: Ground service assistance.
Your compensation will include:
- Monthly income: USD 2200 – 2900 (RMB 15,000 – 20,000) after-tax *
- Base Salary: USD 1400 – 1900 (RMB 11,000 – 13,000) after-tax *
- Housing: Monthly stipend USD 580 (RMB 4,000) *
- Bonus: Monthly bonus every month – calculated by teacher’s performance data *
- TEFL Reimbursement: One-time payment if you need to obtain it for your visa – paid on first payslip USD 460 (RMB 3,000).
- Relocation bonus: One-time payment - paid on first payslip USD 1100 (RMB 8,000).
- Airfare Bonus: Provided once the contract is fulfilled USD 1100 (RMB 8,000)
- Demo class bonus: USD 9 (RMB 60) for each student signed up*
- Over time: Amount stipulated in contract by school*
- Insurance: Basic Chinese health insurance.
- Public Holiday: Chinese public holidays off, 25th December and 1st January off.
- Annual Holiday: the 1st-year teacher has 3 paid annual leave.
- Sick Leave: 5 paid days’ sick leave.
Other benefits include:
- Organized team-building activities.
- Personal Career Development Planning.