As an EFL teacher, you will plan and deliver effective English lessons to a range of students both on the school premises and in local state schools. Average teaching hours per week are 24 hour; additional three hours per week are for professional development/admin. Working with us provides the opportunity to:
* Gain experience with a variety of class types and sizes (depending on experience and preferences).
* Work in a friendly but professional environment where there is a variety of class types and ages to help you broaden your experience.
* Learn from friendly, motivated peers (there is a full-time teaching staff of 21) including an academic management team of 5 people, whose experience is wide and varied.
* Develop through regular observations, appraisals, and professional development sessions. (On our Facebook page you can find details of our most recent training sessions with leading names in ELT such as Adrian Underhill, and we were also delighted to be the hosts of the IH YL Conference in March 2018.)
* Become a Cambridge ESOL Speaking Examiner (dependent upon experience).
* Access a wealth of resources, including interactive whiteboards, designated YL rooms, computer rooms, data projectors, and an up-to-date and well-stocked library. Laptops and audio equipment are also loaned to each teacher for the duration of the contract.
* Settle into the school and the city by attending a fully-paid induction period and free, weekly Italian lessons (held on the school premises with a qualified teacher).
* Applicants wishing to take the IH Certificate in Teaching Young Learners and Teenagers can do so with us before the contract starts, with the course costs covered by the school.
As some of the teaching involves external (off-site) courses, this role does require a certain amount of flexibility and cultural sensitivity, so the ability to deal with changes and diversity in a positive manner is essential for this role. Where offsite courses are not within reasonable walking distance (10-15 mins) of the school, teachers are accompanied from, and back to, school by car. Travelling time is counted as working hours.
Start Teaching English in Italy
- Training: Fully-funded IHCYLT and/or Delta Module One or Three courses for suitably experienced teachers
- Travel: End-of-contract flights up to a specified value
- Bonus: End-of-contract bonus of approximately one month's net salary
- Level 5 TEFL certificate
- Fluent in English