Live in Japan, discover Tokyo and have stories to tell for a lifetime! Are you ready? JOB DESCRIPTION
Shane English School Japan has a large portion of adult students who tend to fall into the pre-intermediate category. Half the students are children so you need to be prepared to teach young learners as well.
Teachers may also teach at a few different locations and have some variety. Travel costs are paid by the school.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• 245,000+ yen ($2360) per month depending on experience and qualifications.
• 12 month contract.
• 20 days holiday.
• Sponsored visa.
• Comprehensive training is provided by the school.
• All teaching materials and the curriculum are provided by the school.
• New teachers get support and guidance from the Director of Studies, who is a native English speaker.
• 5 days a week with two consecutive weekdays off.
• 29 hours of actual teaching per week.
• Workdays are roughly 12-9 pm with no more than 6.5 hours of actual teaching per day.
• Any time outside of teaching and preparation is break time.
• You are a native English speaker.
• A bachelor’s degree or higher.
• A recognized Level 5 TEFL certificate with at least 6 months of real teaching experience.
• Candidate must be open-minded, enthusiastic, positive, hard-working and professional.
ABOUT SHANE ENGLISH SCHOOL JAPAN
Saxoncourt is an official sourcing partner for Shane Schools.
In Japan, the majority of the schools are located in the Kanto region, which is essentially the Greater Tokyo/Yokohama metropolitan area. Schools are typically small, with two, three or four classrooms. Some schools have more than five classrooms.
Our Head Offices are populated with teachers who have grown and developed with the company and then moved up into varying roles such as teacher management, teacher training, teacher recruitment, marketing and sales.
With over 500,000 alumni, 85,000 current students and 1000 teachers, we know this will be the experience of a lifetime!
ありがとう! (thank you!)
Teaching in Japan
- Salary: 245000 JPY/month
- Visa: sponsored
- Travel: Travel to schools paid
- Level 5 TEFL certificate
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Police Check