Teach online with a proven, quality curriculum that’s provided. Become a mentor for your Chinese students and enjoy the best job security other part-time jobs can never give you! Whales English is an online school based in Beijing, China. We cater to language learners aged 3 to 18 who have different attainment levels and different learning needs. We aim to provide high-quality education for children from all socio-economic background to minimize the gap between the privileged and the underprivileged. Our unique group class model offers students and teachers stability and the chance to form lasting bonds and connections. With a student renewal rate of over 83% throughout all courses, we’ve also been recognized as the most sought-after program
Why Whales English?
1) Competitive Payment
Earn an average of $1500 per month plus performance-based bonuses. Typically, the number of classes the teacher teaches increases threefold in the second month and fivefold by the third month.
2) Job Security
A fixed schedule and stable income enable the teacher to bond with students and watch them grow through a wide range of levels. Our unique group class models bring greater possibilities and prospective.
3) Professional Development
We’ve partnered with National Geographic Learning and Oxford University Press, and we offer free tailored training and resources for every teacher. Additional career opportunities are also available (evaluator, trainer, etc.)
4) Personal Support
Each teacher is paired with designated support staff for personal and individualized support. The Whales English Facebook group is a reservoir of teaching tips and ideas. A valuable space that connects teachers to global peers, responsive admins.
• Contract type: Independent contractor
• Start date: Immediately
• Contract term: 12 months
• Payment details: Teachers are paid through bank transfer or Payoneer each month for the previous month’s work
• The Classes: 50-minute 1 on 2 full immersion English language class
• The Curriculum: REACH HIGHER adopted from National Geographic Learning, and OXFORD READING TREE from Oxford University Press
• The Bookings: Parents select teachers. Whales English does not assign classes
• The Timing: Available to teach minimum 8 hours during the peak hours
• Peak hours: Weekdays: 6:55 PM - 9:00 PM Beijing Time
Weekends: 9:10 AM - 12:20 PM Beijing Time, 6:55 PM - 9:00 PM Beijing Time
- Bonus: We offer performance based bonuses.
- Level 5 TEFL certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree: Bachelor’s Degree or higher