TEACH ENGLISH IN SUNNY ANDALUCIA
Who we are
Founded in 2015, The Language Bar is a modern, family-run academy currently undergoing exciting developments. This is an excellent opportunity for teachers looking to work as part of a dynamic team in a friendly work environment with ongoing support. TLB is an official Cambridge English Preparation Centre and an official Aptis Exam Preparation Centre.
Where we are
The Language Bar is centrally located in Palma del Rio, Cordoba, a sunny town of 21,000 inhabitants. It is less than 45 minutes from Córdoba and Seville and well-connected to the cities via trains and buses. The people here are warm, friendly and kind and Palma has a lively, sociable atmosphere and very low cost of living.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a full-time English Language Teacher to join our team starting in October 2021. The successful candidate will be motivated and dynamic with the ability to teach all ages and levels and be flexible in their schedule. This position is at a local school teaching speaking practice in the mornings and Cambridge English exam preparation in the afternoons.
• Teach English to a high standard conducting lessons in English at all times.
• Compose detailed lesson plans in order to successfully complete given syllabuses
• Plan a wide variety of speaking activities based on the teacher’s course programme, focusing on grammar and vocabulary, discourse management, pronunciation and interactive communication
• Engage students to ensure a lively and encouraging classroom atmosphere.
• Maintain accurate records, including registers, test results and weekly lesson plans.
• Conduct thorough assessments of students’ tests and writing assignments in a timely manner.
• Attend meetings as arranged by the Director of Studies.
• Continue your professional development through online seminars, researching ELT and taking courses.
• Read and understand the staff handbook and adhere to the policies therein.
• Excellent knowledge of the English language
• Interpersonal communication
• Critical thinking
• Conflict resolution
• Time management
• Patience and an attitude of flexibility
• Creative approach to teaching and imaginative thinking
• Confidence and public speaking
• Classroom management and leadership
• Ability to create meaningful lessons
• Understanding of students’ cultural background
• Applicants must have TIE/working visa or EU citizenship
• CELTA teaching certificate or equivalent
• University degree or other related to education
• Native English speaker competence (C2 certified by Cambridge English)
• Working knowledge of Spanish is an advantage
• Two years teaching experience teaching young learners, teens and adults
• Experience with Cambridge English Exams
• A willingness to develop professionally
• Two recent references from previous posts are required, including at least one from a teaching post.
• ICPC certificate if the applicant has lived in the UK, and clear CRB check
• 25 teaching hours in a 34-hour contract
- 12 hours teaching Cambridge exam preparation courses in the afternoons Monday through Thursday from 16:30 – 19:30 to primary and secondary students 10 years and up. There will be approximately 10-14 students per class.
- 10.5 hours as a Speaking Language Teacher in the mornings Monday through Wednesday from 9:00 – 12:30 and 9:30 – 11:00 on Thursdays. There will be approximately 25-30 students per class
- The remaining 2.5 hours of teaching time will be spent teaching courses at the academy.
• Remaining 9 hours allocated for lesson planning, correcting and meetings with the DoS
• Paid Christmas, Easter, local and national holidays
• An eight-month renewable contract from October 2021 to the end of May 2022
• Training period will be between 27th of September and 1st of October
• Possibility of a contract extension through summer
• Social security and health coverage
• Centrally located flat for rent available (a modern one-bedroom for approximately 330€/month plus electricity)