Start Date: Mid-April/ Mid-June 1. Opportunities
We encourage our educators to grow and expand in diverse areas. We are supportive of our educators’ interests and values. In the same way that we teach our students to improve themselves, we hope our educators can continue to learn and develop themselves as well.
• Growth Opportunities and Career Potential: At BigByte, our experienced educators have an opportunity to move forward and participate in areas outside of the classroom such as curriculum development.
• Travel Abroad: At BigByte, educators have the opportunity to become a Worldwide Education counselor. These counselors are involved in planning, organizing, and taking our students abroad to places like England, Australia, and Nepal.
• While BigByte’s primary focus is on language education, we are also a TEFL training institution through TEFL International and apply this expertise to our new educator development.
2. Support and Accommodation
• We welcome all of our educators with an optional pick-up service at the airport. After, if you choose, we will provide temporary accommodations as you become familiar with your new surroundings.
• We will assist with all the onboarding administration, even including help with your search for an apartment if needed.
• With our orientation, training, and continued support from our head teachers, you will be equipped to start your own journey in your class.
3. Job Benefits
• Guaranteed full-time (up to 20 hours), with weekends off
• Highly competitive hourly wage, with pay raises available through a structured tier system
• Small class sizes, with an average of 12-15 students
• Sponsored residency permit (ARC)
• Access to National Health Insurance and Labor Insurance
• Comprehensive online and in-person training program for all newcomers
• Access to mentoring and educator workshops
• Freedom to manage and customize your classroom and teaching style
• Work locations in the city center with access to convenient transportation systems
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum)
• Level 5 TEFL Certificate
• Passport holder from a native English-speaking country
• Cleared national police background check (Document required by the Ministry of Education. For more information, please contact the official website.
5. Strongly Preferred
• 1+ years of experience teaching children full-time in a classroom setting
We teach more than English, we prepare our students for life.
If you know you are a good fit for our team, please reach out and contact us; we’re excited to meet you.
Teaching in Taiwan
- Level 5 TEFL certificate
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Police Check