ICYE UK is an international youth organisation that sends young people (aged 18-30) abroad to do voluntary work for periods of up to 12 months. We also receive around 50 young people each year from around the world to volunteer here in the UK. This August, ICYE UK will be hosting around 30 new volunteers for 6-12 months.
We welcome our volunteers at an On-Arrival Camp during which they receive various forms of training to prepare them for their placements and life in the UK.
Improving their English language skills is an essential aspect of this training, so we are now looking for 5 English teachers to deliver lessons at the camp.
Belchamps Scout Centre, Holyoak Lane, Hawkwell, Hockley, Essex SS5 4JD
Arriving date: Sunday 25th August 2019
Leaving date: Monday 2nd September 2019 (or Sunday 1st September –afternoon)
With teaching starting on 26th August and finishing on 1st September
We are expecting around 30 young people to attend the On-Arrival training this year. This group will be divided into smaller groups for the language classes to allow for different levels of pre-existing ability.
Teachers should provide a fun and experiential atmosphere for students to practice their English skills and develop their competence and confidence. Where needed, teachers may also be required to provide input on grammar, vocabulary, etc.
A range of teaching books and materials are available. However, teachers should plan their own sessions for 4 hours per day for 7 days. This is a perfect opportunity to put your teaching skills into practice in a relaxed and friendly environment!
Teachers are also welcome to take part in cultural and social activities in the afternoons and evenings.
The course is residential and teachers are encouraged to live-in to help with providing a welcoming atmosphere for the participants.
• TEFL qualification level 5 and/or some experience of teaching
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to be creative in an international environment
• Food and lodging for the duration of the course (8 days)
• Reimbursed travel costs
• The opportunity to participate in an exciting, dynamic, intercultural event, teaching young people from many different backgrounds
• The opportunity to develop teaching skills in a dynamic and challenging environment
• Provide a future reference for employers
Start Teaching English in England
- Travel: Travel is reimbursed
- Teaching Experience
- TEFL Level 5 certifcate