Job recruitment for the majority of ESL teachers means ESL teaching posts obtained through on line ESL recruiters. Here are a few things that the novice ESL teacher should know about ESL recruiters.
ESL recruiters are organisations that seek to recruit ESL teachers for educational (private and state) and non-educational institutions: it should be noted that most of these institutions are based overseas. These ESL recruiters can be easily found by searching the WWW, and you should always ensure that you use an ESL recruiter that caters for the country that you wish to teach in.
One reason for using ESL recruiters is that they are the experts. They know the ins and outs of ESL teaching in the countries which they cater for and they have the necessary connections with the institutions that require ESL teachers, indeed, they probably have a network of clients. They also have a long experience in dealing in this field. As a novice ESL teacher there are a number of benefits that can be gained from using ESL recruiters:
1. They can easily and efficiently find the type of school that conforms to your requirements, and ESL teaching interests: this is especially important for novice ESL teachers. Without an ESL recruiter it may very difficult for the novice ESL teacher to ascertain whether a particular institution is satisfactory – without actually visiting the country.
2. They can undertake all the details relating to interviews, contracts, and any medicals that have to be undertaken in the host country.
3. They can assist you in completing and submitting a visa application on your behalf: the visa application process can be quite involved in some countries.
4. They will provide you with information about the country, its customs, and culture in order to prepare you for living in the host country.
5. They will undertake all travel preparations and deal with ticket arrangements.
6. They will guarantee that your ESL teaching post will be available before you travel to the host country.
7. They will also support you if have any problems during your stay in the host country: this would also include help in obtaining any additional documentation such as residence permits and identity cards.
Most ESL recruiters are reputable; however, you should do your research. Ask around about the ESL recruiter; try to find on line reviews and articles concerning the ESL recruiter; lastly, a reputable ESL recruiter will have a proven track record.
A reliable ESL recruiter can find the novice ESL teacher a good and guaranteed teaching post anywhere in the world, and without you having to leave your own country, thereby saving you a great deal of time, effort, and possible disappointment.