3 month English Language Assistant Internship in Toulon, France
Join a global community of over 200,000 TEFL teachers working throughout the world! Enrol me!
3 Month contract for a student to teach English in a French school in Toulon, France - starts 6 Nov
France > Toulon
Salary630€/month with accommodation and meals included
DescriptionCapEnglish is a dynamic, fun company and we are urgently looking for our next Language Assistant in Toulon, South France.
As an LA you will gain invaluable classroom experience, whilst fully immersing yourself in French culture. You will work alongside the local French teachers, but in English. You'll teach around 20hrs a week to young learners, 8-11yrs old.
Your immersion continues at home as you will be living with a host family. Accommodation and meals are provided and you'll also receive a small monthly income. In return, you will help the family with their kids for a few hours per week (6-8hrs max).
This is a great opportunity for young aspiring teacher or someone who simply loves working with kids. It's a chance to grow in your international teaching experience as well as improve your French language skills. Stand out from the crowd by gaining international skills.
Our LA position in Toulon is a 3-month internship contract and will start on the 6th of Nov 2023.
The school: private catholic school in Toulon. This establishment is well know for it's caring and friendly atmosphere.
The family: our families are fully vetted and you will be sure to have your own private room. They are all very welcoming and supportive of your learning experience.
The location: Toulon is a port city on southern France’s Mediterranean coast, lined with sandy beaches and shingle coves. It’s a significant naval base and the harbor is home to submarines and warships, as well as fishing boats and ferries. The grand Musée National de la Marine in the Port of Toulon exhibits maritime artifacts. Rugged limestone mountains form a backdrop to the city, and a cable car shuttles visitors up Mont Faron, spectacular views.
- Must speak English as a first language
- 18-27yrs old
- eligible for internship (so currently enrolled as a student in higher education). Your uni MUST sign the agreement
- in posession of valid visa to work in France (or eligible to work for under 90 days)
- passionate about working with young kids.
- able to commit to living with a host family and working for 3 months (6 Nov '23 • 31 Jan '24)
Please note that in France an internship is compulsory and has to be signed by the student, education establishment and the employer company.
At the end of the contract, there could also potentially be further teaching options with CapEnglish.
We have schools all over France that we partner with.
Ready for the experience of a life-time? Then apply now.
Benefits• 3 -month internship (6 Nov start date)
• 20 hrs per week of teaching experience at a pre-primary and/or primary school, working alongside the French teaching team
• Accommodation with a host family, private room
• Host families are all vetted and offer a welcoming home environment
• All meals are provided
• 50% of public transport to and from work reimbursed
• Airport transfer to host family
• 630€ gross salary per month on top of accommodation & meals (overall package value starts from 1800€/m)
• Supportive teaching team
• Priority for future teaching vacancies with CapEnglish
• Total immersion results in fast-track French language learning (better than any online course)
• International teaching experience, a chance to take home some unique teaching ideas
• Certification to confirm work experience
Requirements• 18-28 yrs old with a valid working visa for France
• enrolled in a higher education degree programme - your uni must sign the Convention de Stage
• TEFL certificate an added benefit
• Must be passionate about working with young kids
• Teaching experience preferred but not essential
• English as a first language is essential (absolute fluency with clear articulation, C2)
• Adaptable, friendly, and dedicated
• Team player with excellent communication skills
• Basic French advantage
• Able to start on 6 Nov 2023
Date Posted30th November 2022