Teach Adults and Kids in Tokyo
Join a global community of over 200,000 TEFL teachers working throughout the world! Enrol me!
With over 500,000 alumni, 85,000 current students, and 1,000 teachers, we know this will be the experience of a lifetime!We feel that it is important that teachers who teach with us in Asia have a well-rounded experience. We encourage teachers to explore the local culture and neighboring countries.Our Head Offices are populated with teachers who have grown and developed with the company and moved up into varying roles such as teacher management, recruitment, marketing, and sales.
Japan > Tokyo
Salary245,000 JPY and higher
Description• Half the students are adults (of which many at the pre-intermediate level) and half are children.
• Workdays are roughly 12-9 pm with max of 6.5 teaching hours.
• 29 teaching hours per week.
• Any time outside of teaching and preparation is break time.
• 5 days a week with two consecutive weekdays off.
The majority of the schools are located in the Kanto region, which is essentially the Greater Tokyo/Yokohama metropolitan area. This job requires teaching at a few different locations in a week, which adds some variety, and travel costs will be paid by the school.
• A passport from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa.
• A bachelor's degree.
• CELTA | DELTA | Trinity certTESOL | a 120-hour TEFL certificate with at least 6 hours practicum | a TEFL under 120 hours with 3 months experience.
• You are open-minded, enthusiastic and positive.
Salary and Benefits
• At least 245,000 yen ($2,350) per month, higher salary depending on experience and qualifications.
• Sponsored visa for full-time teachers.
• 20 days holiday.
• Around 6 weeks of annual leave, including national holidays. This will normally include non-working periods of at least 6 days in spring, 8 days in summer and 10 days during Christmas and New Year.
• Travel costs paid.
• All teaching materials and the curriculum are provided by the school.
• Comprehensive training is provided by the school.
• New teachers get support and guidance from the Director of Studies, who is a native English speaker.
• 12-month contract.
- Visa: Sponsored visa for full-time teachers
- Travel: Travel costs will be paid by the school
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Police Check
- Level 5 TEFL Certificate
Date Posted15th March 2021