English Language Instructor
Join a global community of over 200,000 TEFL teachers working throughout the world! Enrol me!
The government of Malaysia recently granted the Excel Language Center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia licenses that enable the Center to expand rapidly. We are looking for native English-speaking teachers to provide superior instruction to our students.
Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur
RecruiterExcel Language Center
DescriptionDuties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare lessons plans, materials, activities, assignments, assessments, and other related tasks;
• Instruct and guide the students using a variety of English language teaching methods and techniques;
• Assist the students in their learning needs, taking careful consideration of any special cases and individual differences between learners;
• Create good rapport and a harmonious environment in and outside classrooms;
• Monitor learners' progress carefully and efficiently, highlighting their areas of weakness and providing guidance and plans for improvement;
• Assign extra activities or exercises as homework and monitor and evaluate them thereafter;
• Prepare final exams, correct them, and prepare students' grades, reports, and comments.
• Work as a team with other staff members;
• Participate effectively in meetings and other activities that help promote and expand the name and reputation of the center;
• Any other duties assigned by the Academic Coordinator or the Management;
• Teach a maximum of 30 hours a week and hold a minimum of 10 office hours a week.
Requirements and Qualifications
• BA in English Education and/or any other relevant and TEFL level 5 qualification;
• Outstanding English language proficiency in all skills (listening, speaking, reading & writing);
• Fully conversant with English language teaching methodology and communicative approach;
• Excellent communication skills, and teamwork;
• Enthusiasm, efficiency, passion, and activeness.
Compensation and Perks
• Salary of 4,000 MYR a month;
• Teaching appointments that range from three months to permanent;
• Malaysia work permits organized and paid for on your behalf;
• Free accommodations in a fully furnished apartment meeting Canadian standards;
• Opportunities to lead students on tourism tours of Malaysia;
• Opportunities to move quickly into leadership roles as the Center grows.
Teachers are responsible for organizing and paying for their own transportation to Kuala Lumpur. If the teachers are required to go through quarantine on their arrival, the academy will provide suitable accommodations.
Teachers will also organize their own health care program while in country.
Since most of our students are Islamic, we expect our teachers to dress modestly. Drinking alcohol is prohibited in shared accommodations and at academy functions.
We intend to extend offers in August. Instructors will begin their teaching assignments in mid-September.
Our academy offers classes in both classroom and on-line settings with Zoom. This means teachers could start teaching with us while still in Canada and then move to Kuala Lumpur later.
To apply, please send your resume. If you are shortlisted, we will be back in touch with you within a matter of days. We will ask for copies of your academic and teaching credentials and references. We will conduct several Skype interviews.
- Salary: 4,000 MYR a month
- Visa: We organize and pay for our instructors'
- Level 5 TEFL certificate
- Fluent in English: We are looking for native English speakers
- Teaching Experience: Teaching experience is preferred, not required. We will train.
Date Posted24th July 2020