Teacher of English
Join a global community of over 200,000 TEFL teachers working throughout the world! Enrol me!
British Council - Kuwait
Kuwait > Ahmadi
Salary840 - 950 KWD/ month
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English
- To provide learners with a rewarding and stimulating English language learning experience
- To support the wider aims of the British Council and its cultural relations mission
This is an exciting opportunity to join our academic team in Kuwait at a time of ambitious growth for the British Council across adult, young learner (YL), and corporate English programs in the Gulf region and specifically Kuwait. British Council Kuwait offers English language tuition to adults and young learners and is the largest YL teaching center in the Gulf, providing you with great opportunities to develop your YL teaching to all our age groups.
- Planning, preparing, and delivering high-quality English language teaching that meets the needs of different customer groups taking into account individual learning styles.
- Monitoring progress and providing regular feedback to help manage students’ performance throughout the course, and actively promote learner autonomy.
- Contributing to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses, materials, and related services.
- Ensuring teaching meets the standards expected in Teaching and Learning Reviews, the annual Academic Quality Plans, and organizational expectations.
BenefitsSalary: 840 - 950 KWD/Month (Depending on qualification and experience) Contract Duration: 2 Years Annual Leaves: 35 days annual leave, additionally 14 public holidays per year Medical Allowance: Medical Insurance is currently with MetLife ALICO. All healthcare insurance claims are the responsibility of the staff member and should be filed directly with their insurance coverage provider. Housing Allowance: 150 KWD per month A terminal gratuity of one month’s basic salary for every year worked Flight allowance to home country Contract hours: 37.5 hours Teaching Hours: 25 per week Settling-In Allowances (If recruited from outside Kuwait): The settling-in allowance is designed to support the employee with relocation costs that they may incur. It is a contribution only and is not intended to cover the whole cost of the move. Employees will receive the allowance as a one-off net payment before they travel to Kuwait. New entrants will receive the settling-in allowance with their first month’s salary or earlier depending on arrival date. It is the equivalent of two weeks’ salary (single status) or three weeks’ salary (accompanied status - not currently available). Should two teachers in a declared partnership travel together to take up employment allowances will be calculated on the higher salary only. Settling-In Leave: Employees are provided with an additional 3 days of settling-in leave on arrival at the host location. The leave should be taken within the first month of arrival. Temporary Accommodation: Employees will be provided with temporary accommodation for up to two weeks upon arrival at the host location. The extension may be approved if the employee has not secured permanent accommodation at the end of this period.
RequirementsQualifications Essentials Cambridge CELTA or Trinity Cert TESOL and or equivalent Undergraduate or University degree Desirables Cambridge DELTA or Trinity Diploma and or equivalent PGCE or B.Ed. in Primary or relevant subject TYLEC or CELTYL MA (TESOL or another related subject) Work Experience Essentials Equivalent to around 2 years post-certificate i.e. CELTA or Trinity cert TESOL Experience in teaching relevant age groups Primary aged 6 to 10 (200+ hours) Lower Secondary aged 11 to 14 (400+ hours) Upper Secondary aged 15 to 17 (200+ hours) Adults General English 18+ (400+ hours) Desirables Experience teaching MyClass, IELTS, Early Years, Primary + and Secondary + Previous work history with the British Council Experience teaching in a classroom environment similar to the British Council
Date Posted27th February 2024