Teaching English in Vietnam - ILA Vietnam is hiring ESL Teachers
Join a global community of over 200,000 TEFL teachers working throughout the world! Enrol me!
VIETNAM’S BORDERS HAVE REOPENED! ARE YOU READY TO INSPIRE THE NEXT GENERATION OF VIETNAMESE LEARNERS?
Vietnam > Ho Chi Minh City
SalaryUp to 520.000 VND/hour
DescriptionILA is one of the largest language providers in Vietnam, with 43 Language Centres across the country, plus our public school programmes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. At ILA, teachers have the opportunity to teach students across a wide range of ages and abilities. We take pride in the Training and Support we offer our teachers, giving them the opportunity to develop your teaching skills and advance your career development. ILA Vietnam teaches more than 40,000 students a year ranging from beginners (inclusive of both Young Learners and Adults) to advanced level students including IELTS, TEFL and Academic English. We also work closely with a number of partner schools and NGOs, as well as providing additional Mathematics classes in our award winning language centres providing a wide range of options to each of our teachers and staff. We have small class sizes and offer all the support and resources a teacher could wish for. Our centres are designed, built and equipped to the highest standards, thus providing teachers, employees and students with an excellent study and work environment. We place a strong emphasis on academic quality and this is reflected in our approach to teacher recruitment, development, support and management.
- Provide a positive, organized, disciplined and stimulating environment for students’ learning in the classroom.
- Promote learning through stimulating, differentiated activities that foster different learning styles
- Effectively utilize classroom management systems to promote positive learning environments
- Develop incentives to keep students participating in class
- Manage student behaviour by using approved disciplinary procedures.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities; create lesson plans and modify according to student needs.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Utilize a diverse range of supplementary resources and digital tools.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Deliver proper, accurate and timely assessments for student learning, including conducting tests, comments, reporting, etc. based on the guidelines given by the school; ensure full compliance of assessment criteria given by the school.
- Participate in extracurricular activities for students as required.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics / methodologies and approaches in education.
- Work with Academic Managers and Teacher Coordinators to ensure objectives are being met.
- Participate and complete relevant professional development sessions and/or actions.
- Complete all other administrative duties as needed and within relevant timeframes.
- Cover for absent colleagues when required.
- Work and communicate professionally with colleagues and any local staff members
Benefits- Up to 25.000.000 VND early start bonus*
- Competitive hourly rate up to 520,000 VND/hour
- Additional hourly teaching supplement*
- Housing Allowance*
- Completion Bonus
- Commitment Bonus
- 6-month Bonus
- Paid Induction
- Up to 8 nights’ accommodation on arrival
- Visa& Work permit organized and covered by ILA
- Premium Health Insurance
- On-going professional development delivery by experienced Teaching & Learning team
- Chance to give back to community through ILA Community Network activities.
- Rotation/relocation opportunities to gain experience
and explore Vietnam with various roles in different locations *Terms and conditions apply
Requirements- A fluent level of English
- A university degree (minimum 3 years or higher)
- A qualification in English Language Teaching (TEFL level 5)
- A clean police background check
Date Posted19th October 2022