Teach English in Chengdu + free Chinese lessons & TEFL
Join a global community of over 200,000 TEFL teachers working throughout the world! Enrol me!
Find the perfect blend of adventure and comfort in Chengdu!
China > Chengdu
DescriptionYou will be responsible for delivering educational products and courses to students, and providing a first rate customer experience and positive image of the school.
You will work 5 days a week during the non-peak seasons and up to 6 days per week during the peak seasons of summer and winter (usually falling between June-August and January-February). You may be asked to work morning and evening shifts in the same day.
• Student age: 3-18 years old.
• 20 teaching hours • 20 office hours per week.
• Teaching assistant.
Salary and Benefits
• 10,000-12,000 RMB after tax based on relevant teaching experience.
• Monthly housing allowance – 2000 RMB.
• Visa fully covered.
• Insurance covered – 325 RMB.
• Free online Chinese lessons.
• Sponsored Foundation TEFL certificate.
• Airport pick up.
• First week free hotel upon arrival.
• Senior Teacher/Associate Director of Studies/Director of Studies promotion.
• 8000 RMB flight allowance.
• Reimbursement for medical, authentication, visa.
• 7000 RMB housing loan upon arrival.
• Demo bonus – up to 1500 RMB.
• VIP bonus – up to 1500 RMB.
• Completion bonus – 5000 RMB per contract.
• Reimbursement for qualification• 280 RMB/TKT.
• Qualification allowance: CELTA – 300 RMB, PGCE/MA in Education or TESOL – 500 RMB, DELTA/DipTESOL – 1000 RMB, DELTM – 1500 RMB.
• Blue card – 440 RMB.
• You are already in China at the moment.
• You have a passport from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, United States, United Kingdom or Ireland.
• A bachelor’s degree or better.
• A 120-hour TEFL certificate or better. This job offers a free TEFL.
• A clear criminal background.
Why Teachers Love Chengdu
When you teach English in Chengdu, you’ll notice the city doesn’t have much western influence like Shanghai or Beijing. This also means that not as many people speak English, so living here can be a bit more challenging, and more authentic.
The Chinese describe Chengdu as the city people never want to leave, or “The land of milk and honey” due to its agricultural value. The city is globally renowned for its spicy cuisine and tea culture. The city is also famous for giant pandas, and mahjong is very popular.
Locally known for its relaxed and laid back lifestyle, it has the perfect blend of adventure and comfort. A few hours from the city will take you to the Tibetan plateau, valleys, breath-taking mountain ranges and untouched National parks. In the city however, you can wander around the old-quarters, grab some spicy hotpot with friends or relax at one of the city’s many teahouses.
- Training: Free TEFL
- Visa: sponsored
- Travel: 8,000 RMB flight reimbursement
- Bonus: Demo bonus up to 1500 RMB, VIP bonus up to 1500 RMB
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Police Check
- Level 5 TEFL Certificate
Date Posted9th December 2020