CEDEI is a non-profit academic institution seeking qualified EFL teachers interested in working in Ecuador. CEDEI's English Program seeks qualified, enthusiastic EFL teachers to join our team every January, April, and September. The program has two sites
in Cuenca and a staff of at least 60 teachers. Our teachers work with us for a minimum of 3 cycles, about a 9-month period.
CEDEI's English Program seeks teachers to begin in April or September 2021.
Although we are offering online classes at the moment, we expect to resume in person classes in 2022. Interested applicants can start working remotely from April or September and eventually move to Cuenca, if interested.
Teach English in Ecuador
- Salary: $7.00 an hour, $8.00 an hour for Saturday courses. Teachers with an MA in Education are paid $7.50 an hour (50-hour/40- hour courses). Rates are reviewed annually.
- Visa: Return on 50% of visa fees (if applicant plans to move to Ecuador) NOTE: Visa and airfare fees are the teacher's responsibility.
- Level 5 TEFL certificate: TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate(s)
- Fluent in English: Native speaker level
- Bachelor’s Degree: An Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree
- Teaching Experience: Have teaching experience (practicum hours or professional hours).