Work in France this fall! Now hiring final language counselor positons! Work in France this fall!
We are currently hiring for remaining positions at our Back to School American Village Camps:
- Ocotber 4th to October 31st
19 – 31 October: Day camp in Paris – no housing provided. Monday to Friday, except bank holidays. One paid Saturday prep day at the beginning of the contract.
Salary: 1170 euros per month. Meals and housing are paid for by the employer.
Location: One of our language villages in France. Exact location announced after hire.
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are native English speakers & love working with children. We’ve been running English immersion camps in France since 1994! Our English Language Counselors live at our immersion camps, scattered in the countryside across France.
- Are you a team player, organized, and able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids)?
- Are you kind, caring and friendly: a people-person?
- Are you capable of organizing activities: sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games?
- Are you excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers?
- Are you creative and excited about brainstorming as a team?
- Are you receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in and outside of the classroom?
Salary and Perks:
- A salary for all days worked: 1170 Euros / month.
- Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
- Meals included.
- Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
- No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit (North Americans).
- Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
- All counselors may request a 50€ defrayal of train travel to their village.
- Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
- We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.
We only seek Language Counselors who are native English speakers.
- Required experience: camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
- Clear criminal history
- 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
- High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application.
- First-hand knowledge of North American culture
- Must be able to enter Schengen Zone as a tourist (for example: US or Canadians are allowed this with a valid passport.)
Start Teaching English in France
- Salary: 1170 euros per month before taxes
- Training: Preparation days before camp session starts
- Fluent in English
- Police Check
- Teaching Experience
- TEFL Level 5 Certifciate