Angol Intézet is a rapidly expanding English language school located in Budapest, Hungary focused on teaching English to adults for the purposes of English language communication in work and business. We are seeking qualified native level English speakers. Angol Intézet is seeking qualified native level English speakers to fill the role of English language teacher.
The position involves teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) to adults in small group (2-8 students) and individual (1:1) classes. Course focuses include business English, general English, targeted preparation for job interviews, presentations and negotiations, and language exam preparation. Courses take place in our modern, high-level language centres and on-site at companies in Budapest.
There are also opportunities for teachers who enjoy teaching young learners to do so as part of our new young learner program.
Qualifications and requirements:
- native level English speaker,
- university/college degree,
- internationally recognized TEFL teaching qualification required (TEFL Academy TEFL Level 5 preferred),
- two to three years of experience teaching English as a foreign language,
- enthusiasm, professionalism, responsibility, reliability and emotional intelligence,
- EU citizenship (full support provided to UK citizens during and after Brexit)
What we offer:
- partial flight compensation within the EU,
- "hit the ground running" accommodation stipend,
- induction and mentoring upon arrival, and continuing professional development in the form of regular workshops, class observations and exposure to new methods of teaching and course types,
- a 12 month contract with a guaranteed, fixed monthly salary (HUF 300,000/USD 1,000),
- access to public healthcare,
- the opportunity to earn extra income through overtime (optional),
- free monthly fitness pass at a premium fitness facility,
- 6 weeks a year paid holiday (spring, summer, autumn and winter breaks + Hungarian public holidays)
- premium clientele.
Contract duration: March 23, 2020- April 2, 2021 (with an option to extend).
Application deadline: Friday, February 21, 2020.
Start Teaching English in Hungary
- Training: induction and mentoring upon arrival, and continuing professional development in the form of regular workshops, class observations and exposure to new methods of teaching and course types
- Travel: partial flight compensation within the EU
- Fluent in English: native level speaker
- Teaching Experience: min 2 years
- TEFL Level 5 Certificate