GET OFF THE BEATEN PATH! If you're not a big fan of the over-crowdedness, noise, and high cost of living in the bigger fast-paced cities, but still want to make money, this may just be what you're looking for. We are looking for a positive, fun and enthusiastic individual to join our international school as a foreign English teacher.
Our school is located in Zunyi, Guizhou, China which is known for its Maotai wine and beautiful scenery. Set amongst striking mountains, Zunyi is adjacent to an impressive natural scenery and various outdoor activities including rafting, climbing and hiking. It never gets too hot in the summer or cold enough to snow in the winter. This prefecture level city of around 1 million is much less westernized than most and while some aspects of Western culture are ubiquitous in today’s global age (McDonald’s), Zunyi has still kept a lot of its local zest. Locals are known for being relaxed and friendly, extremely sociable and having a penchant for spicy, exotic flavors and dishes. Zunyi is extremely affordable compared to most parts of the country (a bottle of coke is 3RMB and a meal from the infinite street side restaurants average around 8-12RMB). You will be able to enjoy Zunyi’s low cost of living and its relaxing atmosphere, while also being just 1-2 hours away from the bigger and busier metropolitans such as Chengdu and Chongqing.
About The Job
Your main responsibility will be to teach English to children and students aged from 2-16. There is a maximum of 10 students per class and a fluent bilingual Chinese teaching assistant will be provided. You will work 5 days per week with a maximum of 30 hours per week including classes, preparation work, and events (average hours per week is 20-25).
We use the Imagine learning system from US (https://www.imaginelearning.com/company) which aim to provide learning objectives that are appropriate for each student’s learning level. Therefore, no curriculum planning will be needed from the teachers, and we will provide quality materials, guidance, and support. We genuinely strive to give our students a quality education and focus on developing strong verbal communication skills because the local public schools are largely lacking in this skill set. We do not restrict learning to the classroom and allow for flexibility with lesson planning such as taking students out for lunch or to play, which promotes a more natural learning environment and benefits the students and teachers.
Successful candidates will be entitled to the following remuneration:
- take home pay of 14,000-24,000RMB per month
- fully furnished housing accommodation (rent, utilities, internet)
- personal allowances (phone)
- medical working insurance
- all government statutory holidays plus paid vacation
- bonus upon satisfactory completion of a one year contract (airplane ticket or equivalent)
- contract renewal and annual raise based on performance
- working Z-visa and resident permit application fees covered
- airport pick up and settle down assistance
The is not your typical international school. Unlike many training schools in Shanghai and Beijing, our teachers are not workhorses expected to routinely regurgitate English culture and language. Chinese people of all ages are not only here to learn English, but to make meaningful connections with a cultural perspective rarely found in Zunyi. Our teachers are all passionate about teaching and are always eager to explore and share their experiences. As such, positive energy, enthusiasm, an outgoing personality and a good sense of adventure are all essential.
Furthermore, preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Must speak English at an idiomatic level and possess advanced understanding of the English language
- Bachelor's degree (any discipline)
- 168 hour TEFL Level 5 certification
- two years teaching experience
- experience working with children and/or students
- clean criminal background check
Teaching English in China
- Salary: 14000-24000
- Training: 2 week on the job training
- Visa: all visa expenses paid
- Travel: covered upon completion of 1 year contract
- Bonus: air plane ticket or equivalent (approx. $10000)
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s Degree: in any discipline
- TEFL Level 5 Certificate